Sit Until You See

It has been a long time since I had the words for a blog post.  It has been a long year of no words, only feelings, or impressions, or longings for the Divine.  Prayer has slowly been reduced to short, simple phrases, or a single word, just enough to anchor me in the intention to Be in the Presence of the Holy.

And now the earth has turned, and another Lent has arrived, a Lent which, like last year, is likely to be a Lent Without Words, and that is fine.  The Silence is well-blessed, and honest, a natural evolution, it would seem.  What emerges in that Silence may take the form of a glimmer, a moment of clarity, reaching out, or reaching in.  And such a glimmer arrived this morning.

Sit until you see.  Cultivate stillness and awareness until you (I) can see clearly, without filters or expectations, whatever is simply in front of my eyes.  Sit in patience and openness. Sit in acceptance and love. Love for whatever is there, love for my own impatience, love for the beauty and tragedy and fear and wisdom that surrounds and imbues all of Life.  Sit with all of it, simply allowing, saying Yes, and remaining empty of all need to comment or judge.

So, here is my Lenten discipline, which I pray will sustain me through to the arrival of Light and Life at Easter.  I will sit until I see clearly, and know that God is God. 

Comments