My Teachers: Fr. Richard Rohr

Every once in a while, someone else says something so much better than I could that it's worth just posting the link, letting the url be the finger pointing to the moon so that others can appreciate the wisdom of the teachers.

Since my blog post "Journey's End" I've been thinking of doing a short series on the wisdom teachers whose words have been my guides.  Today I will start that series by linking to Richard Rohr's blog post, the one that appeared in my email feed this morning.  It's lovely when Spirit gives that little nudge that says, "Go ahead - that was a good idea!"  Others who will appear along the way will include Ram Dass, Alan Watts, Andy and Jane Fitz-Gibbon, Elizabeth Schussler-Fiorenza, Mooji, Laozi.  It's a disparate group, and others may appear along the way.  

Today the finger points to Franciscan friar and priest Richard Rohr, founder of the Center for Action and Contemplation, and wise teacher of the underlying spirituality in Twelve-Step, Jungian, and Enneagram wisdom.  His grasp of the deep meaning of Holy Scripture is wonderful, and I commend his books to those who seek a deep path of truth.  For a brief taste of his wisdom, click here. 

Comments